A Texas teacher was arrested after a parent said he caught the teen with her in the backseat of a car in a parking lot.
After the father called police, investigators took the teen’s phone, which led them to find the two had an ongoing inappropriate relationship, the Bay City Police Department said. The teacher, Rachel Gonzalez, 44, was arrested on Dec. 22.
Gonzalez was charged with online solicitation of a minor and improper relationship between educator and student charges, police said.
Police did not reveal the gender of the victim or specify whether Gonzalez taught the victim directly.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow