Two young children and their mother were among the four people found killed in an act of “savagery” this week inside their basement apartment in the upstate New York city of Troy, police said Wednesday.
A 5-year-old girl, her 11-year-old brother, their mother and a woman their mother was in a relationship with were brutally murdered and found dead in their home Tuesday afternoon, Troy Police Chief John Tedesco said at a news conference. No suspects have yet been named, but police believe the family was likely targeted.
“This is not a random act,” Tedesco said. “Only a person of savagery would do something like this.”
The police chief said the “suspicious” deaths are being treated as homicides, but he did not provide further details on how or why the four victims were killed.
The two deceased women were 22 and 36. Authorities did not release any names of the victims. Police are also unsure how long ago the victims were killed. Autopsy results are pending.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror