The clip shows the amazing moment Grant Jackson was reunited with his mom after serving nearly two years in Japan.
His sister, Brittany Pettis shared the video on Facebook on Tuesday and it quickly went viral. It has since been watched over 4 million times on Facebook alone.
In the clip, Jackson’s mom can be seen screaming and crying when he enters the kitchen of their Memphis home.
Jackson told WREG that although he and Pettis began planning his homecoming months ago, he almost didn’t let her film it after an unexpected hangup occurred.
“My sister is the one that wanted to make the video,” he said. “I was hesitant about posting it due to unfortunate circumstances with my baggage that prevented me from having my military uniform.”
Watch the full clip below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears