Warning: This post contains spoilers for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
But as it turns out, there’s a good reason even the most eagle-eyed viewer couldn’t spot Hardy in Episode VIII: his scene was cut.
Accotrding to /Film, a sequence in which Hardy, dressed as a Stormtrooper, encounters the incognito Finn, Rose and DJ onboard the Supremacy is part of the 20 minutes of deleted scenes that will be featured on the Blu-ray/DVD version of Last Jedi.
Back in January, Hardy had offered a cryptic response to The Hollywood Reporter when grilled about his involvement in the film.
“I don’t know if I can even say that,” he replied when asked about playing a Stormtrooper. “Where did you hear that?…Ah, the internet is a glorious web of deceit and misinformation, isn’t it?”
At least now we know the truth.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color