In the wake of a Washington Post report that President Donald Trump’s administration is barring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from using seven words in next year’s budget documents, Seth Meyers tacked on a few additional terms
During Tuesday’s episode of Late Night, the host joked that the list of CDC banned words — which reportedly includes “transgender,” “fetus” and “diversity” — had been expanded to cover a whole new set of vocabulary.
“Those aren’t the only words the Trump administration wants to replace,” he said. “From now on, coal will be referred to as patriot rocks, McDonald’s Happy Meals will be called big boy food, neo-Nazis will be called fun time torch boys, the Civil War will be referred to as the War of Good People on Both Sides, Hillary Clinton will be referred to as Prisoner #92753.”
Watch Meyers reveal his full list of banned words — and their replacement terms — in the clip below.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror