Your Twitter feed will return after these brief messages.
The Twitter is adding a slew of new advertising types in an effort to attract e-commerce companies and mobile-game developers and boost its ad revenue, the Wall Street Journal reports. The social media platform will begin releasing 15 types of new advertising products over the next six months that will encourage users to download apps through Twitter.
The strategy will follow Facebook’s approach to mobile advertising apps which include an “install now” or “shop now” button on their ads.
Twitter’s advertising revenue more than doubled in the fourth quarter to $219.6 million, compared with the same period last year, but the company has yet to turn a profit.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears