After Twitter user Kade Walker shared his South Dakota State University professor’s casual response to a question about his political science final exam, the joking tweet quickly made the online rounds, garnering nearly 185,000 likes and 50,000 retweets since it was posted on Dec. 7.
“Is it still okay for me to take my final tomorrow at 12?” Walker had written in an email, prompting the one-word reply, “Whatever.”
“High school: College is no joke, your instructors are very serious and you have to always be proffesional and respectful. College…” Walker captioned a screenshot of the exchange.
However, Walker’s professor, Dr. Dave Wiltse, wasn’t about to let his student get away with his glaring academic mistake. “[The feeling when] your words go viral, and your punk student doesn’t cite his source,” he tweeted in response.
See the exchange below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State