Rapper Trick Daddy was arrested Thursday evening for possession of cocaine and a firearm, NBC Miami reports.
Police obtained a warrant and searched his home in Miramar where the rapper, whose real name is Maurice Young, was detained getting out of his car, according to an arrest affidavit from the Broward Sheriff’s Office. They found one gram of powder that field tested positive for cocaine, a 9mm Sig Sauer and a box of ammunition.
Young, 40, was charged with possession of cocaine, possession of a firearm and ammunition by a convicted felon, and driving with a suspended license. He told police that he is a convicted felon and has been arrested previously for trafficking narcotics, possession of ammunition by a convicted felon and possession of cocaine, according to the affidavit.
He was released from jail on bond and it is unclear if he has a lawyer, NBC reports.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement