Rapper Trick Daddy was arrested Thursday evening for possession of cocaine and a firearm, NBC Miami reports.
Police obtained a warrant and searched his home in Miramar where the rapper, whose real name is Maurice Young, was detained getting out of his car, according to an arrest affidavit from the Broward Sheriff’s Office. They found one gram of powder that field tested positive for cocaine, a 9mm Sig Sauer and a box of ammunition.
Young, 40, was charged with possession of cocaine, possession of a firearm and ammunition by a convicted felon, and driving with a suspended license. He told police that he is a convicted felon and has been arrested previously for trafficking narcotics, possession of ammunition by a convicted felon and possession of cocaine, according to the affidavit.
He was released from jail on bond and it is unclear if he has a lawyer, NBC reports.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy