Rapper Trick Daddy was arrested Thursday evening for possession of cocaine and a firearm, NBC Miami reports.
Police obtained a warrant and searched his home in Miramar where the rapper, whose real name is Maurice Young, was detained getting out of his car, according to an arrest affidavit from the Broward Sheriff’s Office. They found one gram of powder that field tested positive for cocaine, a 9mm Sig Sauer and a box of ammunition.
Young, 40, was charged with possession of cocaine, possession of a firearm and ammunition by a convicted felon, and driving with a suspended license. He told police that he is a convicted felon and has been arrested previously for trafficking narcotics, possession of ammunition by a convicted felon and possession of cocaine, according to the affidavit.
He was released from jail on bond and it is unclear if he has a lawyer, NBC reports.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption