NBC host Megyn Kelly called President Donald Trump “tone deaf” for criticizing Al Franken after sexual assault allegations against the Minnesota senator surfaced last week.
Citing tweets from Trump that condemned Franken’s alleged behavior and his past attempts to lecture “anyone who would listen about sexual harassment and respect for women,” Kelly drew parallels between the senator and President Trump.
“Who that has been accused of sexual assault would have the gall to preach to others about sexual misconduct?” Kelly asked with feigned ignorance, alluding to the president’s own sexual assault accusations. Trump has denied these allegations.
After chastising Franken’s initial efforts to downplay a photo that appears to show him groping radio personality Leeann Tweeden’s breasts while she sleeps, Kelly also slammed Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore for joining the chorus criticizing Franken, noting that he has been accused of sexual misconduct by nine women.
“Is this guy going to be our next senator?” Kelly asked.
Watch the clip in the video above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Jamie Ducharme at firstname.lastname@example.org