NBC host Megyn Kelly called President Donald Trump “tone deaf” for criticizing Al Franken after sexual assault allegations against the Minnesota senator surfaced last week.
Citing tweets from Trump that condemned Franken’s alleged behavior and his past attempts to lecture “anyone who would listen about sexual harassment and respect for women,” Kelly drew parallels between the senator and President Trump.
“Who that has been accused of sexual assault would have the gall to preach to others about sexual misconduct?” Kelly asked with feigned ignorance, alluding to the president’s own sexual assault accusations. Trump has denied these allegations.
After chastising Franken’s initial efforts to downplay a photo that appears to show him groping radio personality Leeann Tweeden’s breasts while she sleeps, Kelly also slammed Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore for joining the chorus criticizing Franken, noting that he has been accused of sexual misconduct by nine women.
“Is this guy going to be our next senator?” Kelly asked.
Watch the clip in the video above.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World