Even Donald Trump needs some water sometimes.
“They don’t have water, that’s O.K.” he said rolling with the punches. Suddenly, an aide appeared to tell him there was a bottle for him offscreen. He then unscrewed the cap of a Fiji water bottle and took a long refreshing sip before continuing to tout business news.
People immediately had fun with the human moment. Why would anyone care if he needed a sip anyway?
Well, Trump poked fun at Marco Rubio for doing the same back during his State of the Union response in 2013.
Immediately in on the joke, Rubio fired off a response to the fact that thirst comes for us all.
Others just reacted to the water break.
Wikipedia editors were swiftly on the case to declare the natural water brand Trump’s official drink of choice.
You can watch the livestream of Trump’s speech here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org