TIME’s new weekly roundup brings you the best and most surprising things happening on Reddit
How to Eat the Gold Hershey Bar
To mark the Winter Olympics in South Korea, Hershey unleashed its first new candy bar in twenty years, a chocolate-free bar made of “caramelized creme” studded with salty pretzels and crunchy peanuts. It’s not available until December 1st, but that didn’t stop redditors from sinking their teeth into pressing questions about how best to snap off and split the new interlocking pieces of the “needlessly complex” bar.
Potlucks Around the World
Guests shine at American potluck dinner by bringing a hodgepodge of favorite homemade dishes like casseroles or pie. So what are the most popular crowd-pleasers that people in other countries bring to potlucks? People from many different corners of the Earth got down to sharing their go-to offerings — from sausage fruits in Taiwan to pineapple upside-down cake in the Bahamas.
Thanksgiving Stuffing Ideas
Reddit’s already getting into the Thanksgiving spirit, swapping recipes for the holiday feast and war stories from the their kitchens There’s one thing everyone wants to talk about: the perfect stuffing. People traded recipe ideas for bread and cornbread varieties in the Cooking subreddit’s American Thanksgiving Megathread, which is just as comprehensive as it sounds.
The Great (Sweet) Potato
Some people discover signs of intelligent life in space. Others look no further than their backyard. That’s what this dad did when he unearthed a sweet potato enormous enough to feed a track team, and you better believe redditors had cooking ideas to tackle it.
Teeny tiny popcorn
On the much smaller side, a mother popped the teeniest tiniest popcorn you’ve ever seen. One redditor recommended it as a strong contender for the subreddit /r/thingsforants, where people have fun posting very small stuff, fit for ants, inspired by the famous scene in Zoolander.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart