Mac Jones, a third-string quarterback for the University of Alabama, was arrested Friday morning and charged with DUI after allegedly driving under the influence.
The 19-year-old Alabama football player was arrested after performing a field sobriety test following a minor car crash, ESPN reported. Jones was also charged with improper identification of a minor for showing a fake ID, according to the report.
“We are disappointed in Mac’s actions, and this is obviously not the kind of behavior we expect from our players,” Saban said in a statement to the Times Free Press. “We will further evaluate what actions we need to take moving forward so we can correct the behavior. It is a privilege to represent the University of Alabama, and there are certain responsibilities that go along with that privilege.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This