Mac Jones, a third-string quarterback for the University of Alabama, was arrested Friday morning and charged with DUI after allegedly driving under the influence.
The 19-year-old Alabama football player was arrested after performing a field sobriety test following a minor car crash, ESPN reported. Jones was also charged with improper identification of a minor for showing a fake ID, according to the report.
“We are disappointed in Mac’s actions, and this is obviously not the kind of behavior we expect from our players,” Saban said in a statement to the Times Free Press. “We will further evaluate what actions we need to take moving forward so we can correct the behavior. It is a privilege to represent the University of Alabama, and there are certain responsibilities that go along with that privilege.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time