Mac Jones, a third-string quarterback for the University of Alabama, was arrested Friday morning and charged with DUI after allegedly driving under the influence.
The 19-year-old Alabama football player was arrested after performing a field sobriety test following a minor car crash, ESPN reported. Jones was also charged with improper identification of a minor for showing a fake ID, according to the report.
“We are disappointed in Mac’s actions, and this is obviously not the kind of behavior we expect from our players,” Saban said in a statement to the Times Free Press. “We will further evaluate what actions we need to take moving forward so we can correct the behavior. It is a privilege to represent the University of Alabama, and there are certain responsibilities that go along with that privilege.”
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate