Stephen Colbert fired shots at Donald Trump Jr. on Wednesday night, after the President’s son posted a Halloween photo of his daughter that said he would give her candy away to “teach her about socialism.”
Colbert mocked Trump Jr.’s tweet: “Yes, it’s never too early to teach kids the danger of sharing.”
“On Halloween, kids literally go door to door to get free candy from the neighbors because the kids don’t have it and the neighbors do,” Colbert continued. “That’s socialism.”
The host also described Trump Jr. as a “clone of Don Draper with the gaps filled in by frog DNA.”
Colbert then reeled off a long pun-filled criticism of the Administration, which included zingers like “the top one percent tobler-own 99 percent of the wealth” and “universal heath-care… would be a lifesaver for working people”.
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Billy Perrigo at email@example.com