President Trump faced a vocal protester on his way to a Senate GOP lunch on Tuesday in the midst of his ongoing feud with Sen. Bob Corker.
“Trump is treason,” a male protester yelled repeatedly as the president arrived for lunch with Republican senators at the U.S. Capitol. “Why is Congress talking about tax cuts when they should be talking about treason?”
The man, who was standing with members of the media and posing as a journalist, also threw multiple small Russian flags toward Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, according to NBC. Trump kept walking and only responded to the taunts with a thumbs up.
The protester was later arrested and identified by police as Ryan Clayton, a man who was involved in a similar incident in July, NBC News reported. In the summer incident, he allegedly told Secret Service agents he was part of Americans Take Action, a group actively calling for Trump’s impeachment.
Watch the full video of Tuesday’s protest above.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart