Checking in for a Delta flight just became a lot easier.
Delta now automatically sends boarding passes to passengers 24 hours before a flight if they’re using Delta’s mobile app. Flyers just have to open the Fly Delta app to trigger the check-in.
The change has only rolled out to iOS users at this time, but an Android update is likely to follow.
Delta is the first U.S. airline to offer such a service. The move could spur other airlines to adopt a similar feature for their apps.
It’s not yet clear how customers can check bags and request seat changes, as is sometimes done during the check-in process. TIME has reached out to Delta to clarify if and how this can be done through its app and will update once the airline responds.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time