Checking in for a Delta flight just became a lot easier.
Delta now automatically sends boarding passes to passengers 24 hours before a flight if they’re using Delta’s mobile app. Flyers just have to open the Fly Delta app to trigger the check-in.
The change has only rolled out to iOS users at this time, but an Android update is likely to follow.
Delta is the first U.S. airline to offer such a service. The move could spur other airlines to adopt a similar feature for their apps.
It’s not yet clear how customers can check bags and request seat changes, as is sometimes done during the check-in process. TIME has reached out to Delta to clarify if and how this can be done through its app and will update once the airline responds.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science