Over the weekend, Donald Trump Jr. requested that late-night TV host Jimmy Kimmel make some changes to his topics of focus on his show. Specifically, he wanted Kimmel to address the Harvey Weinstein controversy currently roiling Hollywood.
Surprisingly, Kimmel obliged during his monologue on Monday night. But his approach is probably not what Trump Jr. was hoping for. Instead of switching the focus from the president’s politics to Weinstein’s public image, Kimmel ended up connecting the two men in an unflattering light.
“People are pointing to the fact that Harvey Weinstein was a Clinton supporter,” Kimmel explained of what Trump Jr. was after all along. But he had a curveball in store.
Kimmel also noted that it was the one-year anniversary of the release of the now-famous Access Hollywood tape in which President Trump can be heard making lewd comments about his approach to women. “So I thought we should celebrate,” Kimmel said.
Watch the full clip above.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.