Over the weekend, Donald Trump Jr. requested that late-night TV host Jimmy Kimmel make some changes to his topics of focus on his show. Specifically, he wanted Kimmel to address the Harvey Weinstein controversy currently roiling Hollywood.
Surprisingly, Kimmel obliged during his monologue on Monday night. But his approach is probably not what Trump Jr. was hoping for. Instead of switching the focus from the president’s politics to Weinstein’s public image, Kimmel ended up connecting the two men in an unflattering light.
“People are pointing to the fact that Harvey Weinstein was a Clinton supporter,” Kimmel explained of what Trump Jr. was after all along. But he had a curveball in store.
Kimmel also noted that it was the one-year anniversary of the release of the now-famous Access Hollywood tape in which President Trump can be heard making lewd comments about his approach to women. “So I thought we should celebrate,” Kimmel said.
Watch the full clip above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at email@example.com