The Trump Administration is moving onto its next big policy fight: Dramatically reshaping the tax code.
For now, the White House plan — branded as as the “Unified Framework For Fixing Our Broken Tax Code” — is only a loose set of ideas and principles, with many of the specifics still set to be filled in later.
In general, the plan would eliminate a number of specific deductions for individual taxpayers in favor encouraging more Americans to take the standard deduction and it would end some taxes that hit the richest individuals the most, according to an initial analysis by the non-partisan Tax Policy Center.
Still, you can get a good sense of how the plan will affect you by answering a few simple questions about how you currently pay your taxes.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases