The Trump Administration is moving onto its next big policy fight: Dramatically reshaping the tax code.
For now, the White House plan — branded as as the “Unified Framework For Fixing Our Broken Tax Code” — is only a loose set of ideas and principles, with many of the specifics still set to be filled in later.
In general, the plan would eliminate a number of specific deductions for individual taxpayers in favor encouraging more Americans to take the standard deduction and it would end some taxes that hit the richest individuals the most, according to an initial analysis by the non-partisan Tax Policy Center.
Still, you can get a good sense of how the plan will affect you by answering a few simple questions about how you currently pay your taxes.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time