During an appearance on Watch What Happens Live!, Shields told Andy Cohen that Trump approached her with a pragmatic pitch to become a power couple over the phone after he separated from Marla Maples in the ’90s.
“I was on location doing a movie and he called me right after he gotten a divorce,” Shields said. “And he said, ‘I really think we should date because you’re America’s sweetheart and I’m America’s richest man and the people would love it.’”
Unfortunately for Trump, Shields wasn’t terribly impressed by his line and let Trump know that she was unavailable, telling him that “I have a boyfriend, he’s not really going to be happy about it.”
Shields isn’t the only high-profile woman who’s rejected Trump’s advances; Candice Bergen said that she had an awkward first date with him and Salma Hayek also said that he had attempted to hit on her while she was with her boyfriend at the time.
Watch the full clip below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out