When asked in an interview with the Center for American Progress’ Thinking CAP podcast whether Republicans and the NRA are complicit in an epidemic of gun violence, Clinton said “of course they are.”
“This is nothing but pure, unadulterated greed motivated by people who want to sell as many guns as they can, to engage in a falsity of fear and rhetoric about why everybody has to have guns,” she said, according to an excerpt. The full podcast episode will be released Thursday.
“You know, the evidence is just so clear that more guns do not keep you safer and more guns in the wrong hands lead to terrible incidents,” she said.
Clinton criticized the Trump administration, for example, for repealing an Obama-era regulation that stopped certain people with a background of mental illness from obtaining firearms.
“We see the horrors of Las Vegas,” she said. “It happens every day.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy