Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch was surrounded and covered by team staffers as he sat during the national anthem. He was the only player sitting during the Star Spangled Banner and no photo opportunities were allowed, according to Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Lynch arrived at the game wearing a T-shirt that said “Everybody vs. Trump.” The demonstration comes just one week after President Trump called for players to stand during the national anthem or risk getting fired.
Lynch has consistently sat during the national anthem instead of kneeling.
The Raiders are playing the Broncos, who all stood for the anthem.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time