Beyoncé blessed the world on Thursday night by releasing a remix of J. Balvin and Willy Williams’ popular song “Mi Gente,” her first song since giving birth to twins Rumi and Sir Carter in June.
While new music from Beyoncé is always exciting, her most recent collaboration is especially notable because she’s pledging all profits from the sales of the track to help with the natural disaster relief efforts in Puerto Rico, Mexico and other islands in the Caribbean that were affected by recent storms.
Queen Bey first posted the remix via Instagram along with a caption that drew awareness towards the crisis in Puerto Rico and other islands affected by the recent natural disasters.
“I am donating my proceeds from this song to hurricane relief charities for Puerto Rico, Mexico and the other affected Caribbean islands,” Beyoncé wrote on Instagram.
As might be expected, Beyhive and casual fans alike lost their minds over the new release and promptly took to the web to share their feelings about the “Mi Gente” remix.
Bey’s remix to help those affected by the natural disasters in the Caribbean follows her Bey Good campaign to help her hometown of Houston after natural disasters ravaged the city.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now