Dignitaries and celebrities of all kinds are in New York this week for the U.N.’s General Assembly summit, so perhaps it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that Nobel Peace Laureate Malala Yousafzai and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and actress Priyanka Chopra happened upon each other during the high-powered talks.
After meeting, 20-year-old Yousafzai — who just started her first year of college at Oxford in the U.K. — shared a snap of the famous duo together. “Can’t believe I met @priyankachopra!” she wrote, clearly a fan of her counterpart’s work.
Turns out, the feeling was mutual. “You’re just a young girl with so much heart… and such achievements,” Chopra tweeted in response.
As commenters are noting, it’s especially powerful to see these two women find common ground in their shared interest in improving women’s lots globally as prominent, positive figures in the media representing South Asia.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time