The White House has hit back at smartphone giant Samsung for using a selfie Red Sox hitter David Ortiz snapped with President Barack Obama for marketing purposes.
“As a rule, the White House objects to attempts to use the President’s likeness for commercial purposes,” White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters on Thursday. “And we certainly object in this case.” He said the White House lawyers were being consulted.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart