The White House has hit back at smartphone giant Samsung for using a selfie Red Sox hitter David Ortiz snapped with President Barack Obama for marketing purposes.
“As a rule, the White House objects to attempts to use the President’s likeness for commercial purposes,” White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters on Thursday. “And we certainly object in this case.” He said the White House lawyers were being consulted.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow