Jason Isaacs had no patience for Sean Spicer’s appearance at the Emmys on Sunday.
The Star Trek: Discovery star — and Harry Potter alum — posted an Instagram with a scathing caption Monday afternoon, describing the former White House press secretary as a “poisonous purveyor of lies.” The British actor wasn’t as taken with Spicer’s appearance as some guests were that night, instead taking a surreptitious selfie at the Netflix Emmys party, frowning while pointing at Spicer at the bar:
And Isaacs didn’t stop there. In his caption, he compares Spicer to Joseph Goebbels, one of Hitler’s right-hand men, and goes on to compare his role in the White House to the distorted, brainwashing language created in George Orwell’s dystopian classic 1984. He even adds “three surprising things” about the man chatting with actors behind him in the photo, writing:
In other words, even Lucius Malfoy disapproves of Spicer’s Emmys debut.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World