Actress Kate Walsh was diagnosed with a “sizable” brain tumor two years ago, she revealed in a new interview.
Walsh, who used to star in hit TV series Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice, opened up to Cosmopolitan about how terrified she was after the diagnosis in June 2015 and right before the surgery to remove it that same year.
“I just left my body,” she told the magazine in an interview published Wednesday. “It was never anything I would have imagined.”
Walsh said she had a meningioma, a tumor that forms from the membranes, that was the size of a small lemon. But doctors discovered after the surgery that it was benign. Walsh has since made a full recovery after taking nine months off work.
“I played a real badass on TV, but when it comes to being a patient, it’s such a vulnerable experience,” she said.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time