Actress Kate Walsh was diagnosed with a “sizable” brain tumor two years ago, she revealed in a new interview.
Walsh, who used to star in hit TV series Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice, opened up to Cosmopolitan about how terrified she was after the diagnosis in June 2015 and right before the surgery to remove it that same year.
“I just left my body,” she told the magazine in an interview published Wednesday. “It was never anything I would have imagined.”
Walsh said she had a meningioma, a tumor that forms from the membranes, that was the size of a small lemon. But doctors discovered after the surgery that it was benign. Walsh has since made a full recovery after taking nine months off work.
“I played a real badass on TV, but when it comes to being a patient, it’s such a vulnerable experience,” she said.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.