The Internet is still recovering from how hard Kevin Spacey aced the Emmy awards.
From the moment the camera captured the iconic star, he was the gift that kept on giving some unforgettable moments Sunday night. Spacey, who plays Frank Underwood on House of Cards, kicked off the evening with a stellar reaction to Sean Spicer rolling onto the scene for the shock of the evening. But he was just warming up. In true dad form, Spacey whipped out his camera phone to document Julia Louis Dreyfus‘ Emmy win for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series, for Veep.
Spacey’s reaction to this running Emmy tradition had — in the words of SNL’s Stefan — everything. Paternal pride? Check. Relatable smartphone addiction? Check. Kevin Spacey’s smirk? Check.
The Internet was all in for this moment that proved he’s the friend everyone deserves. It’s time for Spacey to teach a masterclass on how to attend an event.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving