The Internet is still recovering from how hard Kevin Spacey aced the Emmy awards.
From the moment the camera captured the iconic star, he was the gift that kept on giving some unforgettable moments Sunday night. Spacey, who plays Frank Underwood on House of Cards, kicked off the evening with a stellar reaction to Sean Spicer rolling onto the scene for the shock of the evening. But he was just warming up. In true dad form, Spacey whipped out his camera phone to document Julia Louis Dreyfus‘ Emmy win for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series, for Veep.
Spacey’s reaction to this running Emmy tradition had — in the words of SNL’s Stefan — everything. Paternal pride? Check. Relatable smartphone addiction? Check. Kevin Spacey’s smirk? Check.
The Internet was all in for this moment that proved he’s the friend everyone deserves. It’s time for Spacey to teach a masterclass on how to attend an event.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was