Rosie O’Donnell’s ex-wife Michelle Rounds died Monday at the age of 46.
O’Donnell and Rounds were married in June 2012 before finalizing their divorce in March 2016. They also adopted 4-year-old daughter Dakota together.
“I am saddened to hear about this terrible tragedy. Mental illness is a very serious issue affecting many families. My thoughts and prayers go out to Michelle’s family, her wife and their child,” O’Donnell told People Magazine in a statement.
O’Donnell also retweeted a fan’s message offering support and information on suicide prevention Friday.
Rounds is survived by her wife, parents, brother, two daughters, step-son and other family members. The family is holding a private memorial service for Rounds.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow