Jon Cooper, who is the Chairman of The Democratic Coalition, just confused a Freaks and Geeks alum with President Trump’s press secretary.
“Sarah Huckabee Sanders even looked habitually pissed when she was a teenager! I guess having @GovMikeHuckabee as your dad does that to you,” Cooper tweeted along with an image of Busy Philipps‘ character Kim Kelly from the 1999 NBC series.
The mix-up did not sit well with the actress, who later tweeted a series of responses.
“ARE YOU F–KING KIDDING ME? IS THIS A JOKE? THIS IS ME FROM FREAKS AND GEEKS. FAKE NEWS,” Philipps wrote in her first out of five posts.
“Pick on a woman for the insane lies she tells. Not cause she looks pissed off while telling them. I love women who look pissed off,” the mother of two also tweeted.
The star’s fans made sure Copper knew he had screwed up and he later deleted the Tweet and apologized.
“I deleted this tweet after I found out the pic wasn’t Sanders but rather an actress w/ a huge fan base (who now all HATE me, lol). My bad! ,” Cooper tweeted.
‘My advice: Just because a Google search identifies an image as being a certain person, take that with a grain of salt! It could be wrong.’
In conclusion: Sanders was most definitely not a star on Freaks and Greeks.
This article originally appeared on People.com
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement