President Trump brags a lot about his genes.
When he was interrupted by his granddaughter, Arabella, during an interview with the New York Times in July, Trump noted that she has learned some Chinese.
“She’s unbelievable, huh?” he said. “Good, smart genes.”
Trump’s statements on the influence of genetics go farther than what most scientists would say. While genes can contribute to the abilities of some athletes, they aren’t generally viewed as determining things like success in business.
Watch this video to see Trump repeatedly talk about his genes.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out