President Trump brags a lot about his genes.
In interviews over the years, Trump has credited his genes for everything from his health to his success, and he’s noted that his children and grandchildren will benefit from them as well.
When he was interrupted by his granddaughter, Arabella, during an interview with the New York Times in July, Trump noted that she has learned some Chinese.
“She’s unbelievable, huh?” he said. “Good, smart genes.”
Trump’s statements on the influence of genetics go farther than what most scientists would say. While genes can contribute to the abilities of some athletes, they aren’t generally viewed as determining things like success in business.
Watch this video to see Trump repeatedly talk about his genes.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases