President Trump brags a lot about his genes.
When he was interrupted by his granddaughter, Arabella, during an interview with the New York Times in July, Trump noted that she has learned some Chinese.
“She’s unbelievable, huh?” he said. “Good, smart genes.”
Trump’s statements on the influence of genetics go farther than what most scientists would say. While genes can contribute to the abilities of some athletes, they aren’t generally viewed as determining things like success in business.
Watch this video to see Trump repeatedly talk about his genes.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating