J.K. Rowling really wants Harry Potter fans to stop asking her one question. Journalist Mark Harris took a Twitter poll about the worst way to start a conversation with someone you’re trapped in an elevator with:
Rowling jumped at the opportunity to make a desperate plea to fans to stop badgering her about one small detail in her wildly popular series. In a succinct tweet, the author explained that the person she would least like to be in an elevator with is someone who really, really cares about the scoring rules for Quidditch, the sport she invented for the Harry Potter universe.
Of course, if Rowling really didn’t want people to ask her about the Golden Snitch, she wouldn’t wear shoes emblazoned with the magical sporting equipment.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far