Around 125,000 people are thought to live in the area. All of Florida is under a state of emergency and the Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe counties have also been ordered to evacuate.
Trump has not commented on the evacuation of the private club, but he did tweet to say that Irma was of “epic proportion” and told his followers to “be safe and get out of its way, if possible.”
An 11-bedroom mansion owned by Trump in St. Martin and the luxury home of Richard Branson on the Virgin Islands have already been destroyed by the now Category 4 storm.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time