In addition to the Pick 4 tickets he usually purchases, the unnamed 61-year-old winner recently took a chance on the simulated horse racing game Racetrax, according to Maryland Lottery officials. Luckily, the odds were in his favor, with the horses he chose landing in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place.
“When I went in to collect some of my Pick 4 winnings I checked the Racetrax ticket,” he said. “The cashier told me it was a winner and then, after scanning it, showed me that is was for $16,742.50.”
But this isn’t the first time the September holiday weekend has been profitable for him.
“I was stunned, but it immediately dawned on me that it was Labor Day weekend two years ago when I’d won my biggest prize, Racetrax for $19,000,” he explained. “Everything had happened in almost exactly the same way at almost exactly the same time.”
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was