In addition to the Pick 4 tickets he usually purchases, the unnamed 61-year-old winner recently took a chance on the simulated horse racing game Racetrax, according to Maryland Lottery officials. Luckily, the odds were in his favor, with the horses he chose landing in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place.
“When I went in to collect some of my Pick 4 winnings I checked the Racetrax ticket,” he said. “The cashier told me it was a winner and then, after scanning it, showed me that is was for $16,742.50.”
But this isn’t the first time the September holiday weekend has been profitable for him.
“I was stunned, but it immediately dawned on me that it was Labor Day weekend two years ago when I’d won my biggest prize, Racetrax for $19,000,” he explained. “Everything had happened in almost exactly the same way at almost exactly the same time.”
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year