According to Matt Damon, one of the requirements for filming at a Trump-owned building such as the Plaza Hotel is writing Trump himself into the movie. However, Trump’s cameo apparently didn’t make the final cut in director Martin Brest’s coming-of-age drama.
“The deal was that if you wanted to shoot in one of his buildings, you had to write him in a part,” Damon recently told The Hollywood Reporter. “Martin Brest had to write something in Scent of a Woman — and the whole crew was in on it. You have to waste an hour of your day with a bulls—t shot: Donald Trump walks in and Al Pacino’s like, ‘Hello, Mr. Trump!’ — you had to call him by name — and then he exits. You waste a little time so that you can get the permit, and then you can cut the scene out. But I guess in Home Alone 2 they left it in.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Trump has appeared in a number of television shows, movies and commercials.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer