According to Matt Damon, one of the requirements for filming at a Trump-owned building such as the Plaza Hotel is writing Trump himself into the movie. However, Trump’s cameo apparently didn’t make the final cut in director Martin Brest’s coming-of-age drama.
“The deal was that if you wanted to shoot in one of his buildings, you had to write him in a part,” Damon recently told The Hollywood Reporter. “Martin Brest had to write something in Scent of a Woman — and the whole crew was in on it. You have to waste an hour of your day with a bulls—t shot: Donald Trump walks in and Al Pacino’s like, ‘Hello, Mr. Trump!’ — you had to call him by name — and then he exits. You waste a little time so that you can get the permit, and then you can cut the scene out. But I guess in Home Alone 2 they left it in.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Trump has appeared in a number of television shows, movies and commercials.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate