According to Matt Damon, one of the requirements for filming at a Trump-owned building such as the Plaza Hotel is writing Trump himself into the movie. However, Trump’s cameo apparently didn’t make the final cut in director Martin Brest’s coming-of-age drama.
“The deal was that if you wanted to shoot in one of his buildings, you had to write him in a part,” Damon recently told The Hollywood Reporter. “Martin Brest had to write something in Scent of a Woman — and the whole crew was in on it. You have to waste an hour of your day with a bulls—t shot: Donald Trump walks in and Al Pacino’s like, ‘Hello, Mr. Trump!’ — you had to call him by name — and then he exits. You waste a little time so that you can get the permit, and then you can cut the scene out. But I guess in Home Alone 2 they left it in.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Trump has appeared in a number of television shows, movies and commercials.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time