Warning: This post contains spoilers for season seven of Game of Thrones.
In the wake of rabid fan speculation that Bran Stark may turn out to be the Night King in Game of Thrones, Isaac Hempstead Wright — who plays the newly minted Three-Eyed Raven — has cleared up some of the confusion surrounding his character.
During an interview with Vulture, the 18-year-old actor gave his take on why Bran — despite his transformation into one of the most powerful beings in the Thrones‘ universe — isn’t destined to turn to the dark side.
Hempstead Wright also provided an explanation for why the all-seeing Bran needed Sam’s help to figure out that Rhaegar Targaryen had wed Lyanna Stark after annuling his marriage to Elia Martell, making Jon Snow a trueborn Targaryen.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow