Clearly, Michael Phelps has taken to fatherhood like a fish to water: on Tuesday, the champion Olympic swimmer and sometimes shark racer announced on social media that he and wife Nicole Phelps are expecting their second child together.
“Number 2 on the way!!!! So excited!! Wonder if it’s a boy or a girl??” he asked on Instagram, captioning a snap of Nicole and baby Boomer, who’s now 15 months. The family of three have been spending plenty of time in the water this summer, as documented on Instagram, perhaps giving Boomer an early start at Phelps’s signature sport. Phelps also took to the open ocean this summer to “race” a shark for Shark Week, but perhaps he’d do better to avoid risky business like shark diving with baby number two in the future. He recently celebrated his one-year-anniversary of being the most decorated Olympian of all time, thanks to his dominance at 2016’s Rio Olympics.
As for soon-to-be-big-brother Boomer? His own Instagram account — with nearly a million followers — got in on the excitement, too. “So excited to see what mama is having!!” they captioned a photo of Boomer.
That 2036 U.S.A. Olympic swimming team is already looking pretty good.
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now