Like many of her predecessors, First Lady Melania Trump is a fashion icon, but it’s a job that comes with some risk.
As she and President Trump headed to Texas to see the damage of Hurricane Harvey, she was photographed wearing a sensible black ensemble, a green bomber jacket — and black stiletto heels.
The impractical heels spurred the internet to action, with Trump Administration critics seeing an easy mark:
Others found the occasion more of an occasion to make quick jokes:
And still others pointed out that the criticism was silly, including Trump’s spokeswoman:
As it turned out, Melania Trump did have another pair of shoes on the plane.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023