You can find a Magic Mike fan in anyone from Louis C.K. to a Sunoco employee in Statesville, N.C., so it was no surprise that convenience store clerk Beatrice was delighted when Tatum came by for a Starbucks frappuccino.
Beatrice did so many things right in this six-minute improvised sequel to the Magic Mike films that Tatum later posted to his Facebook page.
1. Right off the bat, she made sure that she would appear in his video.
2. After they introduced themselves, she joked that Tatum’s friend who was filming everything could “get out.” From then on, it was just about Beatrice and Tatum. Tatum loved this.
3. She suggested she join them on a cross-country trip, which Tatum was also all about.
4. It wasn’t long before they were dancing Magic Mike-style to “If I Ruled the World” by Nas featuring Lauryn Hill.
“Nothin better than a little dance party. Thank you, Beatrice,” he captioned the video.
The actor, who is busy promoting his new film Lucky Logan, has been releasing a string of videos of him surprising fans, but this one just stands out.
“I rule the world,” the clerk observes at the end. Right you are as always, Beatrice. This really was your show.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org