In a new interview with Vogue, the actress, 26, offers insight into her relationship with her boyfriend of almost one year, saying she was immediately drawn to Aronofsky.
“We had energy,” Lawrence says of meeting Aronofsky on the set of their upcoming film mother!, which he directed and she stars in. “I had energy for him. I don’t know how he felt about me.”
Praising Aronofsky, 48, as “brilliant,” Lawrence says his ability to be direct both on and off screen has benefited their relationship.
“I’ve been in relationships before where I am just confused,” she says. “And I’m never confused with him.”
The two began dating in September shortly after wrapping mother!, and despite their 22-year age difference, their relationship continues to heat up.
“I normally don’t like Harvard people, because they can’t go two minutes without mentioning that they went to Harvard,” she jokes. “He’s not like that.”
During the interview, Lawrence also talked about their upcoming, mysterious thriller, and while she couldn’t reveal any plot details, she hinted at just how intense the film might be.
“I had to go to a darker place than I’ve ever been in my life,” she says. “I didn’t know if I’d be able to come out OK.”
Because of the dark nature of the film, the mother! crew created a “Kardashian tent” for the actress off set where she could decompress.
“It was a tent that had pictures of the Kardashians and Keeping Up with the Kardashians playing on a loop—and gumballs,” Lawrence says. “My happy place.”
And while Lawrence’s love for reality television is no secret, she says Aronofsky isn’t quite on board with binge-watching The Real Housewives yet.
“He just finds it so vastly disappointing,” she jokes.
mother! hits theaters Sept. 17.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023