The new Goodbye Christopher Robin movie will focus on Winnie the Pooh creator A.A. Milne.
The new biopic will feature Domhnall Gleeson, who plays Milne, and his son Christopher Robin played by Will Tilston. Margot Robbie also plays Christopher Robin’s mother Daphne in the upcoming movie.
The story follows Milne writing about his son and his toys, which later became the famous Winnie the Pooh stories, Entertainment Weekly reported. Goodbye Christopher Robin will show how Milne’s stories gained popularity through England after World War I and how Milne himself handles the effects post-war.
The trailer shows Milne and Christopher Robin walking through the woods, which he brought to life in the Hundred-Acre Wood. The trailer shows details made famous in the Winnie the Pooh-like honey pots, bees and even Poohsticks.
Simon Curtis of My Week With Marilyn directs Goodbye Christopher Robin, which will be in theaters Oct. 13.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This