Only 33% of American voters currently approve of the president’s job performance, while 61% disapprove. Fifty-four percent say they are embarrassed to have him as their president, while 26% say they are proud. Sixty percent say Trump believes his is “above the law,” and 57% say he is abusing the powers of his office. More than two-thirds of voters, 71%, say he is not level-headed.
Meanwhile, one of Trump’s most prominent Republican critics, John McCain, saw a high favorability rating among Democrats (74%) and a much lower one among Republicans (39%) following his decision not to vote for the “skinny repeal” of Obamacare (which occurred partway through the polling period).
The poll was conducted from July 27 to August 1 among 1,125 voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 3.4%.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time