For the video, published in December, NASA visualizer Ernie Wright traced the path of the Aug. 21 total eclipse, which can only be seen in America. He said he used various data sets to help him visualize the color of the ground, the lighting of the sun and the position of the eclipse.
“I love the idea that I’m giving this kind of map to other people and especially that it’s more detailed, more accurate so the people are actually in the right place to see it,” Wright says.
See the map in the video above.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time