The rapper, who released latest album 4:44 last month, praised the singer in an interview with Metro newspaper.
“I have been in the industry long enough to know when I’m in the presence of a genius and Chris Martin is just that,” he opened up.
“In years to come, Britain will look back at him as a modern day Shakespeare. He is an incredible recording artist, an incredible songwriter, but where he really comes alive is performing live. If you get the chance to see Coldplay live, do it – you ain’t gonna regret it.”
The pair’s friendship has been previously well documented – with the two teaming up on ‘Beach Chair’, taken from Jay-Z’s 2006 album ‘Kingdom Come’.
They also co-headlined a New Year’s eve show in New York in 2012, with Jay-Z joining the band to rap on ‘Lost+’, which featured on their ‘Prospekt’s March’ EP.
The new tracks were released on Tidal this weekend alongside Jay-Z’s new video for ‘4:44’ cut ‘Adnis’.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow