The rapper, who released latest album 4:44 last month, praised the singer in an interview with Metro newspaper.
“I have been in the industry long enough to know when I’m in the presence of a genius and Chris Martin is just that,” he opened up.
“In years to come, Britain will look back at him as a modern day Shakespeare. He is an incredible recording artist, an incredible songwriter, but where he really comes alive is performing live. If you get the chance to see Coldplay live, do it – you ain’t gonna regret it.”
The pair’s friendship has been previously well documented – with the two teaming up on ‘Beach Chair’, taken from Jay-Z’s 2006 album ‘Kingdom Come’.
They also co-headlined a New Year’s eve show in New York in 2012, with Jay-Z joining the band to rap on ‘Lost+’, which featured on their ‘Prospekt’s March’ EP.
The new tracks were released on Tidal this weekend alongside Jay-Z’s new video for ‘4:44’ cut ‘Adnis’.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022