When some of the members of the Chadstone Bowls Club heard that the City Council in the Stonnington neighborhood of Melbourne, Australia wanted to tear down their bowling club in order to build a new local stadium, they put their foot down—and their hands up.
They’ve just released a protest video that parodies Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” and features three mature women performing a choreographed dance routine to a bowling-themed version of the tune. While they don’t need anyone to “put a ring on it” per se, they are hoping that their song-and-dance routine will help save their bowling club by spreading the word about their plight and getting more signatures for their petition.
It’s a clever ploy, because Stonnington City Council politics don’t usually make the news in the States, but bowling grannies dancing to Beyoncé is always newsworthy. Should you want to put your hands up and help them save their club and head over to Change.org to sign their petition.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time