A little hail didn’t deter this hero journalist from getting her story about severe weather out from Istanbul, Turkey.
“I can barely stand up,” the reporter says in a video shared by ABC news.
“Now a huge hailstorm is hitting Istanbul. I feel the pain of the hail on my body,” she adds, visibly wincing in a windbreaker while hail stones smack her in the head.
The summer storm felled trees and caused flooding, and at least 3 people were hurt, according to the Associated Press.
The news anchor she shares the screen with, back at the studio, tells her to head for safety.
“Just give us pictures,” he says.
But even after this, the dedicated journalist takes a seat outside in the apocalyptic weather.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve