A little hail didn’t deter this hero journalist from getting her story about severe weather out from Istanbul, Turkey.
“I can barely stand up,” the reporter says in a video shared by ABC news.
“Now a huge hailstorm is hitting Istanbul. I feel the pain of the hail on my body,” she adds, visibly wincing in a windbreaker while hail stones smack her in the head.
The summer storm felled trees and caused flooding, and at least 3 people were hurt, according to the Associated Press.
The news anchor she shares the screen with, back at the studio, tells her to head for safety.
“Just give us pictures,” he says.
But even after this, the dedicated journalist takes a seat outside in the apocalyptic weather.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate