Justin Bieber accidentally hit a photographer with his pickup truck outside a Beverly Hills church Wednesday night, causing noncritical injuries.
The 23-year-old Canadian pop star remained at the scene as police and paramedics arrived, the Los Angeles Times reports. Bieber had reportedly been attending a service at the church where the incident occurred.
According to TMZ, which first reported the news, Bieber was not cited by the police and later left in a friend’s vehicle. The 57-year-old photographer was taken to hospital, police said.
Bieber this week cancelled a worldwide tour set to feature performances in Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Singapore and Indonesia “due to unforeseen circumstances.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms