During the Game of Thrones panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, actor Gwendoline Christie talked about her character Brienne’s obligation to Sansa Stark, which comes from oath she swore to her mother Catelyn Stark before she died.
“I still remember that quote that Catelyn said to Brienne. ‘You have strength, not a man’s strength, a woman’s strength.’ And that was when she realized she didn’t have to shape herself into the mold of masculinity,” the actor said.
“She could be propelled by her own intuitive sense of what is right. There’s something very beautiful about the way she’s projected that into the future by protecting the Stark daughters, to bring the Stark girls home. And I think in a small way, that’s a way of championing equality.”
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement