Eleven is back from the Upside Down.
Netflix premiered a new trailer for the second season of Stranger Things at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday. It begins with the four friends visiting the arcade to play the video game Dragon’s Lair. Will hears something outside and and finds himself in the upside down. He sees red lighting and a giant spider-like monster in the sky.
We get shots of the town in the middle of 1980s Halloween revelry (including a Reagan-Bush 1984 sign in someone’s yard). But the biggest reveal comes at the very end of the trailer when Will wants a sign from Eleven that she’s out there, and we see her reaching from the Upside Down into the school.
Last we left the kids of Stranger Things, they were back to biking around the neighborhood and playing Dungeons & Dragons, assuming that they defeated the monster from the Upside Down. But the final scene from the first season suggested that Will Byers brought something evil back with him.
David Harbour dropped some hints about his character, Chief Hopper this season, who was leaving Eleven Eggo waffles at the end of last season. He says his character’s arc in season 2 explores the “savior complex and the pitfalls of that.”
Netflix will drop the second season on Oct. 27, just in time for Halloween.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve