Although Drake is one of his generation’s most popular rappers, he hasn’t forgotten where he came from — his first major introduction to the public as basketball star Jimmy Brooks on the popular teen series Degrassi: The Next Generation. And it looks like Drizzy has good reason to remember his first gig as an entertainer because he’s still cashing in on royalties from the series.
Aubrey took to his Instagram on Tuesday morning to show off his latest paycheck from the franchise, captioning it “Degrassi money still coming in don’t sleeeeeeep.” However, judging from the amount that the check was made out for (a hot $8.25,) it’s probably safe to assume that Drake will continue his flourishing rap career.
As the 6 god proclaimed himself, started from the bottom, now he’s here.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was