Flowers are so passé. Romance today is all about the greenery. At least, that’s the case for some open-minded nature lovers who are taking to Reddit and Twitter to extol the virtues of kale, the multi-use plant that’s become trendy to consume in recent years.
One recent Reddit post from a vegan shares that her date brought her kale from his garden after she mentioned her dietary preferences, to which many commenters are noting that it’s basically a better version of a bouquet. Who needs a sugary, fruity Edible Arrangement when you can have nutritious, iron-filled salad greens instead? “Marry him,” multiple commenters said.
Twitter also went wild for one romantic partner’s gift of purple kale to his girlfriend; he apparently thought the crinkly roughage was some kind of unusual flower. Luckily, just because it falls in the lettuce family doesn’t make it any less intriguing to look at (or any less thoughtful of a gesture).
A quick spin through Instagram proves that some others have also discovered the romance of a kale bouquet arrangement. Like succulent bouquets before it, kale might be coming into its own in a whole new way than inside the kitchen.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears