Warning: This post contains spoilers for season seven of Game of Thrones.
Following a year-long hiatus, Game of Thrones returned for its seventh season Sunday night with a premiere that did not disappoint.
The episode — dubbed “Dragonstone” — was a definite crowd-pleaser, offering a slew of plot twists, callbacks and emotional turns throughout its hour-long run. It not only shattered Thrones‘ previous ratings record — drawing 16.1 million viewers across all HBO platforms — but also quickly became the show’s most-tweeted about episode of all time — garnering 2.4 million tweets to date.
According to Twitter, here were the top three most tweeted-about moments of the night:
- Disguised as Walder Frey, Arya Stark poisons the remaining Frey family during the opening scene
- Ed Sheeran makes a cameo
- Daenerys and Tyrion land at Dragonstone in the last scene of the episode
“Stormborn,” the second episode of Game of Thrones‘ seventh season airs July 23 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List