Warning: This post contains spoilers for season seven of Game of Thrones.
Following a year-long hiatus, Game of Thrones returned for its seventh season Sunday night with a premiere that did not disappoint.
The episode — dubbed “Dragonstone” — was a definite crowd-pleaser, offering a slew of plot twists, callbacks and emotional turns throughout its hour-long run. It not only shattered Thrones‘ previous ratings record — drawing 16.1 million viewers across all HBO platforms — but also quickly became the show’s most-tweeted about episode of all time — garnering 2.4 million tweets to date.
According to Twitter, here were the top three most tweeted-about moments of the night:
- Disguised as Walder Frey, Arya Stark poisons the remaining Frey family during the opening scene
- Ed Sheeran makes a cameo
- Daenerys and Tyrion land at Dragonstone in the last scene of the episode
“Stormborn,” the second episode of Game of Thrones‘ seventh season airs July 23 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time